Moral Contradictions

Friday, March 25, 2005

Nation of 6 year olds

The Schiavo case again reminds me of why I'm glad my wife and I aren't wasting money on cable... although I do miss Comedy Central. However, the best segments are usually posted online, as is this clip commenting on the absurdity of cable news network coverage.

Meanwhile, in case anyone else cares, Kyrgyzstan underwent a coup of sorts,more are dying in Iraq, and Pakistan is contemplating handing nukes over to the UN to help investigate if Iran has some.

I get so disgusted at our entertainment culture that panders to us as consumers or as an audience and not as citizens. We've willingly dumbed ourselves down with sensationalist news items and American Idol while less attention is focused on those who must make hard decisions which impact all of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home