Moral Contradictions

Thursday, May 05, 2005

It's Re-Focus Time

Whenever I stray into posting about Shaun Kenney I feel like I need to slightly re-focus the blog. However, lately the shenanigans from the 54th are coming into line with the reasons I began the blog. However, that's a whole other story...

Last night as my wife and I were going through the book "Touchpoints for Couples", I was struck by a verse under the heading of "Faults". The book has a whole bunch of categories with relevant verses dealing with the corresponding subject.

"Be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's faults because of your love." Ephesians 4:2

I think no matter where you stand, that is a great attitude to deal with people. I'm ashamed to say that many Christians (especially the ones quoted by the media), myself included, don't always follow this. It's easier to be short and to bluster about other's faults. Yet, we subscribe to a higher calling in regard to how we interact with our surrounding world. This message seems to fall through the cracks when the top fundy's get going on the evil of everything around them.

On a side note, I'm also inspired by Nathan the Prophet, the one who rebuked David after the Bathsheba affair. I can live with the adjective "fearless"...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home