Moral Contradictions

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Nazis do not belong in America

God bless my wife because she just got to hear me rant and rave what I'm now writing about. Can public figures from the hard-right party stop using Nazi references?

D. James Kennedy compared Democratic actions to Hitler and Nazis in his NPR interview the other day. Sen. Rick Santorum said that what the Democrats are doing is "the equivalent of Adolf Hitler in 1942 saying, 'I'm in Paris. How dare you invade me. How dare you bomb my city? It's mine.'"

Comparing a political party which millions of people voted for in the 2004 election (49% of the Presidential vote) to the Third Reich is absolutely reprehensible. That kind of political rhetoric cheapens the horrors that occured under Hitler's watch. As an American and Christian, I abhor such accusations and demand that these public persons retract their statements.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home