Moral Contradictions

Monday, May 02, 2005

Pat Robertson dissing on the non Judeo-Christians

Sunday Morning Talk has the transcript of Pat Robertson's comments on This Week with George Stephanopoulos.

First, let me preface this. Pat Robertson doesn't speak for me or a large majority of Christians... I cringe when he opens his mouth.

I'm Christian and all, and as a Christian I would hope everyone would be one. At the same time I live in the real world and recognize that there are people who aren't Christians... Hindus, Muslims, Buddhists, Taoists, Wombat-Worshippers... but I wouldn't go as far as this:

Q:So I take it then, the answer to the question is that you believe only Christians and Jews are qualified to serve in the federal judiciary?



A:I'm not sure I'd make such a broad sweeping statement. But I just feel that those who share the philosophy of the founders of this nation, who assent to the principles of the Declaration of Independence, who assent to the principles that underlie the Constitution: Such people are the ones that should be judges. (Emphasis mine)



That'll win 'em to Jesus!!

link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home