Moral Contradictions

Friday, May 27, 2005

Shaun Kenney: Whaaa?

This is slightly late but I've been scratching my head the past day or so. During the debate between the incumbent Bobby Orrock and Shaun Kenney for the Republican nomination in the 54th Virginia district, Shaun explained his decision to drop out of college and marry his pregnant girlfriend with this:

I made sure my wife had enough money to be able to go to college... We could have taken the easy way out and had an abortion, but we didn’t and we have a beautiful boy over there because of that experience.


Can someone say knee-jerk?

"We loved you so much that we decided not to abort you... you're special."

That kind of defensive debating style doesn't sit well with me, especially for someone running for public office. Each to his own, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home