Moral Contradictions

Friday, June 24, 2005

I live in sin

My wife visited with a friend recently and caught up on all the news concerning mutual friends. The friend asked her to pray for someone because she thought she was "living in sin" because she suspects she's a lesbian.

Folks, I'm not a lesbian (unless you count a lesbian trapped in a man's body), but I live in sin. I hate to break it to you, but so do you.

Your sin isn't greater than mine, and vice-versa. If you buy Christianity, you must believe that we're all sinners. I'm from the school that sin is sin, because sin separates us from God, whether that be telling a little white lie to murdering someone. So please don't tell me that so-and-so is "living in sin" and ask me to pray for them without asking for prayer for yourself.

So pray for me. I am a sinner and I live in sin.

2 Comments:

  • I think sin is the great equalizer, as well as our greatest method of seperating each other.
    ALL of us are sinners, yet somehow, some way, the "other's" sins are worse than mine.

    Most holy and merciful Father:
    We confess to you and to one another,
    and to the whole communion of saints
    in heaven and on earth,
    that we have sinned by our own fault
    in thought, word, and deed;
    by what we have done, and by what we have left undone.

    By Blogger Monk-in-Training, at Friday, June 24, 2005 10:33:00 PM  

  • Quite profound. Thank you.

    By Blogger Nathan, at Saturday, June 25, 2005 1:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home