Moral Contradictions

Saturday, July 02, 2005

SCOTUS - My two cents...

I've read many theories as to who President Bush will pick to replace the moderate Sandra Day O'Connor. She has been a centrist's dream in being willing to be persuaded as opposed to following an agenda and not listening.

One theory that I haven't seen yet is this justification: since President Reagan picked her to be a conservative yet she surprised everyone with her moderation, Bush will pick a replacement that would fulfill Reagan's intent. Complete the Reagan Revolution. Finish the job. In other words, a conservative.

I could get all worked up about this, but I figure so many other groups already are... I'll save the stress for them.

Anyways, back to my holiday weekend...

2 Comments:

  • Shouldn't this be on weekend releases? :-)

    I can't believe that SDO would pull a dirty trick like this. On a three day weekend, no less.

    By Blogger Chris Porter, at Saturday, July 02, 2005 11:53:00 PM  

  • Yeah, but 2 blogs along w/ my other sites was a bit much, so it's on the back-burner until I put more time into it... :)

    If Rehnquist quit, everyone expected another conservative... this mixes things up a bit, especially with the fundies calling for satisfaction.

    One other interesting thing I read is that her resignation is only dependent upon a replacement, so recess appointments are out. I don't know enough about the process, but from what I'm seeing, it'll be all or nothing.

    By Blogger Nathan, at Sunday, July 03, 2005 2:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home