Moral Contradictions

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Putting two and two together...

...and I get some interesting results.

I read an article linked off Fark.com titled "Masculinity Challenged, Men Prefer War and SUV's."

"I found that if you made men more insecure about their masculinity, they displayed more homophobic attitudes, tended to support the Iraq war more and would be more willing to purchase an SUV over another type of vehicle," said Willer said. "There were no increases [in desire] for other types of cars."

(Do you see where I'm going with this? Let's see if I can pull it together.)

I immediately recalled Sir Albert Mohler lambasting the feminization of men.

Wimps, on the other hand, look to women for emotional support, consider girlfriends to be conversation partners, and look to women for pity. They are shameless. (Source and more reading.)

So, does this mean that Sir Mohler and his audience are a wee bit insecure?

All I know is that I'm:
  • 5'11'',
  • 145lbs,
  • skinny as a rail,
  • living in a 600 sq ft apartment,
  • not particularly wild about our troops being in harm's way,
  • willing to listen and learn about homosexuality to continually compare it to the Bible,
  • one who loves to talk to my wife and look to her for support,
  • currently driving a Civic, as does my wife.
Guess I'm a wimp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home