Moral Contradictions

Thursday, September 08, 2005

What are you doing? (and how can we help?)

I'm curious to know what other's responses to Katrina have been. I know Marty has volunteered at her church as it was turned into a shelter and that zenmomma had to evacuate and is helping others even though it's greatly affected her. My wife and I donated to the Virginia Baptist Mission Board, yet the more time that goes on, the more I feel like I need to do. My mother in law is going for 10 days with a team down south to help rebuild here in a week and a half or so.

Feel free, if you want, to post how you are serving those in need. I don't want to turn this into a judging thing - I want to keep a humble spirit about it so we as a Christian body can pray and support each other. What needs aren't being addressed by the media? What are the short-term needs and how will they evolve into long-term needs? Has anybody welcomed refugees into their houses?

I guess I'm just looking for ideas of how I may serve more besides making a donation. I hope others will be inspired as well from putting personal spins to the pictures on tv.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home