Moral Contradictions

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Waiting game...

I'm quite glad that Mr. Chris Craddock lost his bid to be the delegate of the 67th district here in Virginia. He's a youth minister who lost the endorsement of the Republican incumbent because he's uh... how do you say...nuts? Perhaps his comment that "Africans will have sex with anything that has a pulse" is the reason why minorities seem to be turning out in droves. Mr. Craddock was also backed by VCAP, a PAC bent on running against moderate Republicans with far-right candidates.

I'm hoping that Pat Robertson's boy Bob McDonnell loses - not because I'm a fan of his Democratic candidate, but because he's the only candidate in this race who forgot whether or not he's had oral sex. We'll know he won't support judges who engage in anal or oral sex, as that activity "... certainly raises some questions about the qualifications to serve as a judge."

The fact that Dick Black is in trouble excites me - he's done nothing but introduce polarizing legislation to further his extremely narrow views as opposed to other politicians who are focused on taking Virginia forward.

I haven't focused too much on Virginia politics since the primaries since A. it would have pissed me off too much and B. as demonstrated before, I can get side-tracked away from the original intention of the blog.

No matter what happens tonight, I'm slightly ambivalent because Kristen and I just got a new kitten named Chloe, so I'm busy playing with her...

However, I will follow the candidates that do win over the next 2 and 4 years who demonstrate they are more focused on advancing their close-minded agenda instead of what's best for Virginia.

Update: Looks like a big win for progress and moderation, and a loss for those who blur religion and politics in an alienating manner. Dick Black, Chris Crandell, and Brad Marrs all lost. The statewide race for the Attorney General is too close to call, but the latest momentum seems to be going against Bob "I love Pat Robertson/abstain from oral sex" McDonnell. I imagine we may not know the results for awhile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home