Moral Contradictions

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Excuses excuses...

Yeah yeah I said I would have a post concerning a piece of news that extremely bothers me up today - however, a couple of church related activities went longer than planned. Valentine's Day and Dr. Sherman's class also interuppted.

Here's an example of what I've been working on: (http://ebeacon.hbchanover.org)


Our church only has a monthly bulletin and weekly announcements are printed in the bulletin, so this e-newsletter will be emailed to folks who already receive the weekly prayer list. Additionally, copies will be handed out at Wednesday Night Dinner and at the prayer meeting for those who are technologically disadvantaged.

The purpose of this is to make sure everyone knows what's going on and making sure the church at large is on the same page. Or, a slightly negative view would be to decrease the number of excuses people can make in not showing up, as there's a bit of a 'committment problem'. Or, as the pastor says, some folks just forget we meet on Sundays.

So yeah, e-newsletter. Woo. Here's to hoping that this takes.

I'll start typing out that post now so I can have it up by tomorrow. I admit I'm loathe to begin as it's easier to bottle those emotions and frustrations up and not have to deal with them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home