Moral Contradictions

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Should I be concerned?

Should I worry that a sitting Supreme Court justice thanked a man who uses inflammatory, hateful, and morally offensive language to advance his interpretation of God's will?


Dear Dr. Dobson,

This is just a short note to express my heartfelt thanks to you and the entire staff of Focus on the Family for your help and support in the past few challenging months...

...

As long as I serve on the Supreme Court, I will keep in mind the trust that has been placed in me.

---

Sincerely Yours,
Samuel Alito


I'm not sure how I feel about this... part of me says I should be troubled while another begs for a reason why I should be troubled. I haven't really thought this through, but I do know I'm not yet smart enough to adequately analyze the significance of such a letter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home