Moral Contradictions

Friday, March 24, 2006

The Southern Pharisee...er... Baptist Convention

I just prefer to refer to the nation's largest Protestant denomination as the Southern Church. Clearly leaders of the organization spend too much time jockeying for who's more conservative than Christ-like. (hat tip to Bruce at Mainstream Baptist for the post and the thought). I think too many folks identify themselves as Baptists first and Christians second.

I was disappointed to hear that Wade Burleson has agreed to let the Board of Trustees of the International Mission Board muzzle him. He merely observed and offered constructive criticism, yet apparently that wasn't welcome.

I couldn't help myself, but I immediately thought of Jesus standing before the Pharisees. Now that was a group of folks who focused on the law rather than God... and didn't like being reminded of that fact.

1 Comments:

  • Hi,
    I am a musician who has been impacted by Keith Green and I would be honored if you would check out my music, all music is free to download. I just wanted to share my music with People who love Jesus. www.SeanDietrich.com

    I don't want to be a pest, so if this really annoys you, please delete it and accept my humble apology.

    Thanks so much,
    -Sean
    ____________________
    www.SeanDietrich.com
    "All my music is free."

    By Blogger Barefoot Guy, at Sunday, July 09, 2006 1:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home