Moral Contradictions

Monday, April 17, 2006

Some good news and bad news

Here is something that addresses a moral issue: Massachusetts governor signs health-care measure.

I haven't read the criticism, but at least someone is trying.

Meanwhile, here's a contradiction: Exxon Chairman Gets $400 Million Retirement Package Amid Soaring Gas Prices.

For more on how CEO pay versus worker's compensation, visit the AFL-CIO page that tracks such trends.

Under the current system, which is lacking a pay-for-performance initiative, I wish I could be a CEO. I would be bad as one, but it doesn't really seem to matter.

Meanwhile, I spent $28 to fill up my little Honda Civic Saturday. I remember filling up my first Civic back in '99 - $14 a tank was expensive. How much longer will this country tolerate this mess?

Probably long enough for all of the President's friends to enrich themselves and leave the country in a financial squalor while committing our military personnel's lives to less-than-justified wars.

Cynical? Yeah, but I haven't seen evidence not to be.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home