Moral Contradictions

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The scary thing is...

...that last week I saw a Bush '08 bumper sticker. In the Southern parlance of which I was raised, I had to say "Do wha?".

President Bush has quietly claimed the authority to disobey more than 750 laws enacted since he took office, asserting that he has the power to set aside any statute passed by Congress when it conflicts with his interpretation of the Constitution.

...

Many legal scholars say they believe that Bush's theory about his own powers goes too far and that he is seizing for himself some of the law-making role of Congress and the Constitution-interpreting role of the courts. (Source)


Astounding. Frightening. Arrogant. You get the idea...

Un-American? A-yup.

2 Comments:

  • Your post reminds me of a post on the Emmaus Theory I made on December 31st of last year where I "predicted" some events for 2006. Number 4 was (and I quote) "A small but vocal group will begin to call for the repeal of the 22nd Amendment to the Constitution."

    Man, I hope I'm a false prophet (I did predict, however, that Texas would win the NCAA football championship).

    By Blogger Dr. Mike Kear, at Tuesday, May 02, 2006 7:12:00 PM  

  • Mike, I hope you are also a false prophet in that sense, and I wish you were one with the Texas prediction as well... Boomer Sooner!

    By Blogger Nathan, at Tuesday, May 02, 2006 9:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home