Moral Contradictions

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Dispatches from the land God forgot


I'm currently sitting here in the middle of nowhere Colorado (altitude 5300 ft)- I'm with my wife, dad, and uncle waiting for some storms to fire. We did see a tornado yesterday in Nebraska, and just drove over 300 miles today....

I strangely have cell phone service out here, and can connect to the internet via Bluetooth, so decided to take this opportunity to recap this past weekend.

I did enjoy J. Brent Walker's speech about James Dawson and James Dunn - what made the talk even more special was that Dunn was present and the audience participation was very informative. Walker 'walked' through the important issues that Dunn helped address and definitely helped give the beginning of the conference a great start.

Networking opportunities presented themselves, and I feel like I've made a significant step into the infamously small "Baptist World". I made seminary contacts, historical society contacts, and even met a lady with the BGCT.

Posts will be sparse this week as we're out here in the plains until Saturday. Tomorrow we're probably headed to Wyoming and from there who knows...

Check out my personal site for storm chase updates if you're interested... I need to write up seeing the world's largest ball of twine, the geographic center of the lower 48 states, and a brief tornado that was at least 10 miles away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home