Moral Contradictions

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Dr. Bugg

I just noticed that Dr. Bugg is stepping down as Dean of the M. Christopher White Divinity School at Gardner-Webb University.

Right after I discerned my call and realized that seminary was in the future, Kristen and I visited her grandfather in Shelby, NC, just up the road from GWU. Events played out and the next thing I knew we had a nice 10 minute chat. Since he came from BTSR we had a chat about Richmond and all that, but what struck me was just how nice and gentle he is. Him alone just about sold me on the school!

One reason I didn't choose to go there was the coming firestorm in the North Carolina Baptist state convention. I have no desire to witness witch-hunts and the lies and deception that come with overtaking institutions. Kinda distracts our whole purpose now, doesn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home