Moral Contradictions

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

BTSR Orientation part 2

I'm definitely excited. Thank you all for your comments in the last post. Today was more laid-back and us incoming students had more opportunities to get to know one another.

I was nervous about getting all the classes I wanted, but I did. I have all the books I need and was able to save money because Kristen already had some of them. Tonight is reserved to be a quiet night where I'll clean off my side of the desk, clear a bookshelf, and clean the cat hair off the bookbag (orange fur plus black bookbag is real attractive).

I'm taking:

Exploring Ministerial Identity - Dr. Tracy L. Hartman
Introduction of Biblical Foundations - Dr. F. Scott Spencer
Introduction to Christian Traditions - Dr. Phyllis Rodgerson Pleasants
Models of Youth Ministry - Greg Randall

I'm glad I'm able to take Foundations with Dr. Spencer, and am definitely looking forward to Dr. R-P's class. I know she'll work us hard, but I can't wait to learn the material. I'm not sure what to expect out of Dr. Hartman's class, but I know it's necessary and I am eager to see what's what. Greg's class will be great - he's neat and I know it'll be enjoyable and challenging.

The Student Government Association Moderator made a great point - the school has only been around for 15 years, and the 3-4 years we'll be there makes up a significant portion of that time. A lot of 'bugs' have been worked out and with Dr. Grave's resignation, transition is in the air, coupled with an expectation fulfilling much potential.

I know my life will never be the same, and I'm ready. Classes start tomorrow, so who knows how this blog will be affected.

2 Comments:

  • Phyllis takes her church history SERIOUSLY! But she also has much fun with it and her passion rubs off.
    I remember back when she was Glenn Hinson's Garrett Fellow (teaching assistant) and had been assigned to lecture to us when he was out of town. She laughingly said to us, "Does anyone know what church history is WITHOUT God's presence?" We didn't. "Just one damned thing after another!" Then she led us in prayer before starting class!

    Enjoy!

    By Blogger Michael Westmoreland-White, at Thursday, September 07, 2006 1:55:00 PM  

  • Congrats on the schedule. I'll be reading to hear what it's like for you.

    Enjoy your classes. They all sound like winners.

    By Blogger J Hearne, at Monday, September 11, 2006 9:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home