Moral Contradictions

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Orientation...

Overwhelming. That's an understatement. Lots of information, anxiety over whether I'll get the classes I need, but definitely the excitement of beginning a new adventure.

I'll spare you all the details, but will post the classes I'm taking as they'll most likely influence what I write.

I'm definitely impressed with the faculty, staff, and my colleagues. I'm very glad I'm at BTSR.

Just a bit nervous about that whole class thing...

3 Comments:

  • Hey Nathan,

    I have a big 'ole smile on, right now! I remember those days at Truett. The fear was real, and sometimes it was for good reason. :)

    I wonder who your hardest proff will be? Ours was Dr. Ngan. She is a chinese lady, of smaller stature. But, don't let the lack of physical breadth and width fool you. She was a stinking piece of dynamite! We ended up calling her the "Ngan-a-nater." Yep, if you didn't pay attention, say good by to your grade.

    While she is so tough, she is also one of the most loved. And that was the best part about seminary for me, it was the developing of relationships that could happen between students and proffs. It was great, and I miss those people greatly.

    Tim

    By Blogger Tim, at Tuesday, September 05, 2006 10:22:00 PM  

  • Good luck to you as well. I enjoyed my time there. I mean I did meet my wife there!

    Martin

    By Blogger Matthew61, at Wednesday, September 06, 2006 6:29:00 AM  

  • Relax. You are called; you have been admitted; you were endorsed by a local church. You belong. It's not a mistake. They didn't get the wrong person.

    So, take the work seriously, but enjoy the adventure, too.

    By Blogger Michael Westmoreland-White, at Wednesday, September 06, 2006 6:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home